Caledonia Area Chamber of Commerce
is seeking applicants for the position of:
PART-TIME CHAMBER DIRECTOR
Job Description: Chamber Director, Caledonia Area Chamber of Commerce
Status: Contractual Position
Reports to: Executive Board of Directors, Caledonia Area Chamber of Commerce
Position Length: 25 hours average per week, year-round employment
At the Caledonia Area Chamber of Commerce, our core focus is to strengthen and support our local economy by empowering and connecting member businesses with each other and the community. Our long term target is for our chamber to be valued as a necessary business resource in the Caledonia area.
Position Overview: The Executive Director (ED) is a contractual position that reports to the Caledonia Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors (BOD). In this role, the ED implements the organization’s strategic and operational goals. This part-time, hybrid position aims to foster positive relationships with the community and our members. The ED will identify and implement tactics to enhance the prosperity of the Chamber’s members.
The Executive Director works with and supports businesses in the Caledonia area by planning and coordinating several signature chamber events each year, including the Brews on the Green, Harvest Festival, Halloween Hustle, and the Tee Up for Scholarships Golf Outing.
A qualified candidate should have the following experience, knowledge, and skills:
Marketing, advertising, event coordination, communications, strategic planning, fiscal management, computer skills, social media platforms and a strong knowledge of the Caledonia area. Candidates must be self-motivated and possess either an Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience in marketing, public relations, business, communications, tourism, or economic development.
Our Core Values determine how we show up and interact with each other, our members and our community. We act with our core values in everything we do.
● Be Welcoming
● Be Caring
● Be a Team Player
● Be a Professional Leader
● Be Reliable
● Be Creative
● Be Honest
● Represent the Chamber and act as chief spokesperson for the organization.
● Increase chamber membership through the recruitment of new members and retention of current members
● Oversee the planning and coordination of Chamber events.
● Facilitate and participate in quarterly and annual planning sessions with board members to set direction for the Chamber
● Develop and implement tactics necessary to fulfill goals or policies established in planning sessions with the board
● Provide feedback and report to the board on Chamber activities and operations
● Attend monthly Chamber BOD meetings, and weekly Executive Team meetings
● Manage the sales and development of the annual Chamber membership directory
● Maintain accurate management records and supervise financial accounting
● Create the annual budget and adhere to the budget approved by the Board of Directors
● Implement accounts receivable collection activity
● Liaison with community leaders and local municipalities
● Lead all chamber marketing activities
● Help create and disseminate press releases
● Respond to all phone calls and email communication for the Chamber
● Maintain accurate membership records
● Prior chamber, economic development, marketing, and/or public relations
experience is preferable but not required
● Knowledge about and connected with the Caledonia Area
● Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
● Flexibility in work schedule to include an occasional weekend or evening as needed for annual Chamber events
● Ability to work remotely, other than meetings and events
● Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in an organized and timely manner
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Proficient in basic computing skills (Microsoft Office, Facebook, etc.)
● Ability to update the website using WordPress.
Job Type: Part-time (an average of 25 hours per week)
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 6.