Job Description: Executive Director, Caledonia Area Chamber of Commerce
Status: Contractual Position
Reports to: Executive Board of Directors, Caledonia Area Chamber of Commerce
Position Length: 25 hours average per week, year-round employment
Position Overview: The Executive Director is a contractual position with reporting responsibilities to the Caledonia Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. In the respective role, the Executive Director implements the organization’s strategic and operational goals. This part-time position serves to foster positive relationships with the community and the membership, and identifies and implements tactics to enhance the prosperity of the Chamber’s members.
The Executive Director works with and supports businesses in the Caledonia area by helping to plan and coordinate several signature chamber events each year, including the Harvest Festival, Home & Lifestyle Show, and the Tee Up for Scholarships Golf Outing.
A qualified candidate should have the following experience, knowledge, and skills: Marketing, advertising, event coordination, communications, strategic planning, fiscal management, computer skills, social media platforms and a strong knowledge of the Caledonia area. Candidate must be self-motivated and possess an Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience in marketing, public relations, business, communications, tourism or economic development.
- Represent the Chamber and act as chief spokesperson for the organization.
- Increase chamber membership through the recruitment of new members and retention of current members
- Develop and implement tactics necessary to fulfill goals or policies established by the Board
- Provide feedback and report to the board on Chamber activities and operations
- Assist in the planning and coordination of several annual Chamber events.
- Assist in the sales and development of the annual Chamber membership directory
- Maintain accurate management records and supervise financial accounting
- Create the annual budget and adhere to the budget approved by the Board of Directors
- Supervise accounts receivable collection activity
- Serves as a liaison with community leaders and local municipalities
- Coordinate all chamber marketing activities
- Help create and disseminate press releases
- Handle all phone calls and email communication for the Chamber
- Develop and enact plans to expand the membership base and maintain accurate membership records
- Prior chamber, economic development, marketing, and/or public relations experience is preferable but not required
- A history of community service and/or volunteer experiences
- Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Flexibility in work schedule to include an occasional weekend or evening as needed for annual Chamber events
- Ability to work remotely, other than meetings and events
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in an organized and timely manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in basic computing skills (Microsoft Office, Facebook, etc.…)
Job Type: Part-time (an average of 25 hours per week)
Salary: $19/hr – $21/hr (1099 status)
To apply: Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected] by Friday, November 6. (No phone calls, please.)